Class-A Fairing – Final Design – Fairing for Production – Hull Optimization – Reverse Engineering – Hull from GA/ Lines-Plan – Advanced Analysis – Modeling Strategies – Developable Hulls
November 10 – 26: Live online training intensive of ‘Hull Design and Fairing Level 1&2’.
Follow and finish this training now within three weeks’ time:
- Three training modules are covered in four live training sessions of two hours. In between the live sessions you practice the exercises as self-study with the instructional videos and written out exercises.
- The training intensive sessions are scheduled at:
- week 46 at November 10 and November 12
- week 47 at November 19
- week 48 at November 26
- The covered training modules are:
- M0R1 – Prepare2d input is about 4 hours of practice
- M1R1 – Hull Design and Fairing Level-1 is about 8 hours of practice
- M1R2 – Hull Design and Fairing Level-2 is about 10 hours of practice
- For trainees around the world, each session is offered twice per day:
- Group 1 at Central European Time (CET): 09:00 – 11:00 h.
- Group 2 at Central European Time (CET): 17:00 – 19:00 h.
- Please register for one time slot for all four sessions (choose group 1 or group 2). This way we’ll have the same group during the training. If necessary, you can attend the other time slot in a session, but this is not preferable.
- Maximum of 10 participants per session.
- The trainer is Gerard Petersen, one of the developers of the method and fairing professional.
- After sending in some tasks, you receive a certificate of completion.
- There is an option for 1-4 hours extra personal training support hours.
- To kickstart your hull modeling and fairing jobs there are two extra support programs of 8 hours or 16 hours.
- Please contact Gerard Petersen for more information and receiving the detailed schedule and program.
Rhino enables accurate, flexible and fair vessel hull design with the “Rapid Hull Modeling Methodology”.
This method is developed by RhinoCentre in co-operation with other professionals in the marine industry.
After years of offering training and services to leading companies in the marine industry worldwide, RhinoCentre developed three unique training modules.
Buy now these three unique training modules as a bundle with a discount:
- Training module M0R1 – Prepare2d input. This is a prerequisite for the reverse engineering in Hull Design and Fairing Level-2.
- Training module M1R1 – Hull Design and Fairing Level-1
- Training module M1R2 – Hull Design and Fairing Level-2
This training will unveil the mystery of Class-A fairing to any designer, engineer, naval architect and shipyard.
“I feel Gerard’s live training was very valuable not just for the Rhino information and CAD file preparation he shares but more so for the years of experience in hull design which inform his modeling approach. With a friendly and patient manner he engages you in the process as opposed to simply reporting how it’s done, he’s an inspiring teacher!”
Lauren Lake, Instructor | IYRS School of Technology & Trades
- This is a pure Rhino 5 or Rhino 6 software training. Plugins are not required.
- Total training duration of the three modules: 24 hours.
- Mandatory prerequisites for this training: R1L1 – Rhino Level 1 training or a couple of months working with Rhino.
- After purchasing this module, it will be accessible and available for twelve months.
- It is possible to save the texts and images of the training module as a reference book. The instructional movies will not be available anymore when the access period ends.
- By purchasing this product, one person is allowed to follow this training. This means that, for example, a colleague should also purchase this training. We trust you in this and ask you to respect our efforts and investment in developing this training for you.
Down below, you can see a small part of the online training to give you an idea what you can expect.
First, every exercise is explained with a movie. After that, below the movie, the exercise is written out step by step so you can practice yourself. You also receive tips, cautions and notes to understand better what you do and learn more than is explained in the exercises.
Exercise 10: Add an extra loft curve (Part 2/3)
Exercise 10: Fit the loft surface to the original GA within tolerance and fair (Part 3/3)
Exercise 10: Fit the loft surface to the original GA within tolerance and fair
- Turn on the layers “Reference curves”, “+175 mm” and “-175 mm”
- Start editing the bulb shape loft curves as that part is most off from the ref-ribs. use _Move, _Scale, _Nudge, etc. whatever is convenient to you. Add loft curves if needed
- Remember to use the checklist above regularly while editing
- Save your file in the WIP folder on your desktop.
Homework: Now transform the aft ship yourself. When you purchased online support, please mail the result to your contact person for feedback.
In the training files folder you can find the file M1R2-3D-AHTS Hull-Result.3dm. This shows an example of a fair and accurate result.